Monday, February 06, 2006

A Request:

Do any of you out there on the internets know of a reputable general (or cement/exterior) contractor in the DC area?

If so, I'd love it if you could pass on a number. I don't care if they're a little expensive, since I'm not the one who's paying for it. My roommate and I are still embroiled in the battle to the death with Starving Students and - despite the fact they took nearly five months to even recognize we submitted a claim - now want us to give them an estimate for the damage the movers did to our front step in less than a week. Of course, it's been two (whole!) weeks, so they've already sent me a "if you don't get back to us, we're forwarding your bill to the creditors" letter. If these fuckers ruin my credit, I will - much like our rabid house dog - sink my teeth in and not let go. Then I'll haul their asses into small claims court. It wouldn't be the first time.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Why don't you report them to the better business bureau? I don't know of a good contractor in DC, but get 2 or 3 free written quotes for the work and take them to small claims court. Also, start "papering the file" from now on. Keep a record of every call you make to them and whoever you talk to there. Judges love that.

You are also (now) entitled to a free credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus, so you can write a letter saying that you dispute the debt (and are in litigation!) so that (hopefully) it won't affect your credit.

And when you call them, don't lose your cool. (remember you're a lawyer). Be professional about it, but don't budge. Have a friend call for you if you have to. I can't make my own calls b/c I always end up cussing. Mostly b/c I get too worked up when I think I am getting screwed, but partly b/c I am an asshole ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares