Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why does the metro hate me?

I was just trapped underground with a zillion eight-year-old screaming girls in princess costumes.

After spending 45 fruitless minutes trying to get to Union Station - with a train that held at one station for 20 minutes, a broken train, another train that discontinued service one stop before mine, repairs forcing trains to share the same track, ghost trains passing by, and no train in sight that would eventually take me to where I needed to go - I decided to just go the fuck home.

When I got to Gallery Place, I realized I missed the memo about the ice capades being in town. People should really warn me when the children are going to swarm like this.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

I wish I would've seen your face. ICE CAPADES? ACK!

 
At 11:06 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger adrian said...

that's just unnecessary. you should become morbidly obese so you can qualify for the metro access program. congrats on DCist!

 
At 1:04 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger maisnon said...

Dude, a very similar thing happened to me once. Tween, and teen girls - faces painted, posters...NYSNC concert!!!!!!!

It was unholy. A mom and I made eye contact and totally cracked up. In a weird way, it's one of my favorite Metro memories now.

 
At 10:16 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Dammit...Karma got me for laughing at your metro posts. The idiot conductor today closed the doors too fast at the Dupont Metro. Not only did the people not get on, but me and about 5 other people at my door didn't have time to get off. Faced with having to walk to work from Adams Morgan (NOT!) I did what any sane person would do. I jumped into the doorway and tried to pry it open like hercules. It proceeded to crack my ribs to show me what a wuss I am, then opened and spit me out. I am bruised, but at work on time. Karma is a bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares