Friday, March 24, 2006

Gardening is hard work.

The wind is coming out of my sails on this horticulture thing. Every morning I take my precious little seedlings downstairs for a warm water bath, then wrap them up real good in their ghetto greenhouse:
Private Greenhouse
That seems to be working - look at all that condensation. I bet my babies are losing a lot of weight in their private sauna. Then I turn on the halogen while I'm at work so they get plenty of light and warmth during the day. At night, I refresh the water a little and turn off the light.

And what do I get for all my hard work:
Peek-a-boo
DIRT!

Honestly, it's been, what? Five days now? I'm getting wrinkles. I'll be on social security by the time they feel like peeking out of the mess there. Where's the instant gratification? I planned a tomato salad for Sunday. Looks like I'll have to scrap that. C'mon boys, people are waiting for your grand arrival.

4 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, March 25, 2006, Blogger shell said...

I thought they were little blocks of brownies sprinkled with granola. Darn!

 
At 2:14 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Tom Greenthumb said...

Patience, Patience, Patience. Your little guys will soon emerge. Keep the seedlings damp and let mother nature do the rest.

 
At 7:36 PM, March 25, 2006, Anonymous CandiceT8 said...

you are SO funny. your gardening exploits just kill me. love the dedication.

true story: i was having sex with this guy last night, and i just started laughing because i thought of your blog. funny, huh? crazy, too.

do you ever think of your blog while you are getting laid?

 
At 11:03 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

I suggest the fruit and veggie aisle at the grocery store...

Um, I wish I thought of your blog during sex, but I haven't had sex in awhile. Next time, I probably will and boy, will I ever tell you about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares