Thursday, March 16, 2006

I've got your job search update right here

In early January I applied for some communications job with a big Unnamed Non-Profit. I received no response, no rejection, no nothing - which is par for the course with all my job applications. Until yesterday. I checked the mail to find an envelope from Unnamed Non-Profit and figured 'rejection,' right? Otherwise they would have called me. It was even better:

"Dear Heather,

Now more than ever we need your help to keep hope alive. Please, for the price of a cup of coffee a day you can save thousands, nay, millions of lives, if you will just open your heart. And your checkbook."

They put me on their fucking junk mail list.

The best part? This isn't even nearly the first time this has happened.

10 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

You think that's bad. I used to get rejection letters from firms that I didn't even apply to.

At first I thought it was a pre-emptive rejection (i.e. you suck so bad, we won't even wait 'till you apply). Then my friend told me that it's not uncommon for someone to forward your resume to someone they know at another firm who might be interested if the first firm isn't.

But still, it's really weird. It's like "don't even think of applying here".

 
At 10:57 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger elliott said...

sweet, I can't wait to start applying for jobs!!

 
At 11:47 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Lenny said...

that IS FUNNY!

 
At 12:48 PM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Sylvie said...

what fuckers...

 
At 1:20 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Kelly said...

That is unreal!

 
At 1:39 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

So glad they're not interested in hiring you, but have no shame in taking your money! SCUMSUCKERS!

 
At 3:56 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger adrian said...

i applied to be a ho-ish 40 hr a week unpaid intern at prominent DC gallery and, seeing as I was rejected, they encouraged me to apply for a solo.

read: we can trust you to numbly cooalate documents, but hey maybe you can try that art thing.

 
At 10:14 AM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Kirk Diogu said...

i think you should use their return envelope and send back your resume in it. it would be funny.

 
At 10:15 AM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Kirk Diogu said...

i think you should use their return envelope and send back your resume in it. it would be funny.

 
At 10:50 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

kirk - that's the best idea i've heard all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares