Friday, April 28, 2006

Did I miss the memo....

telling me that Friday was canceled and that today is really Saturday? I realize I came into work late, because I'd planned to take a half day, and I realize that the three attorneys I work for are all out of town for one reason or another...but there is no one here. No one.

There was no one on the elevator. No one in the lobby on my floor. No one in the kitchen, copy room, or bathroom. I literally have not seen a single person in over two hours. It's like I'm trapped in a much more entertaining version of Vanilla Sky. Oh well. I'm leaving now anyway, since I'm feeling the need to contribute to the emptiness.

I'll be MIA most of the weekend as well, since two of my good friends from my old job in Ohio are coming to visit. Drunken debauchery is sure to follow. Or, you know, wine sipping in my backyard gossiping about old friends. One or the other.

Update: Drunken debauchery. Um. Check.

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, April 28, 2006, Anonymous jake said...

are we voting? cause if we're voting--i'm voting for drunken debauchery...

 
At 2:27 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger G. said...

Friday is now considered a work-optional day. At least around here.

 
At 5:00 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Chai said...

NICE! It's the same way here minus my project. We work our asses off for some weird reason.

 
At 10:12 PM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Moral Turpitude said...

I've had that experience, where people were absent in all the places people would usually be. Kinda creepy.

 
At 10:49 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Chai said...

like the update. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares