Sunday, April 23, 2006

D'oh

So all that talk about me going to the Katzen last night was apparently just that. I ending up falling asleep and missing most of the show. When I woke up, realizing that it would still take me about an hour to get there, including a good 20 minute walk from the metro, I decided to bail. Just as I made the decision, it started pouring outside, so I'm glad I didn't go and get soaked. I'll just have to take a long lunch Tuesday and check it out.

Also, turns out I was right about my old driver's license number being on my Cal Bar application, so I'm all signed up for Zip Car. Pretty soon I'll be zipping around picking up groceries and visiting Home Depot like I'm a regular suburbanite or something.

Speaking of transportation issues, I checked out flights to Columbus last night and even though the reunion is a month away still, the prices are ridiculous. The minimum price I can find is $250 and that's for times that aren't ideal. If I want perfect time (leaving in the evening on Sunday) the ticket skyrockets to over $600. Hell no. I'm considering just renting a car, which costs $100 and will probably be a little over 200 after gas. It takes about 5 and a half hours to drive, but I'll be able to leave when I want, and the rental car place is near my work which means I can easily pick it up there Friday and return it Monday morning. Eh, I don't know. I'm going to have to think about it.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

Is there any way you can leave at the un-ideal time? Driving's a pain from OH to DC, just because it's soooooooooo boring.

 
At 2:51 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I think I've decided to drive actually. It's going to save me a lot of money and I like the control of leaving when I want. I've done the drive a bunch of times and it's not that bad. I'll get some tunes and try to enjoy it. Plus I won't have to drive at night either way, and I can get my friend to pay for gas in Columbus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares