Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Am A Planting Machine

Here are the photos from Tuesday, with the snapdragon plot finished:
Backyard, Day 2
Snapdragon plot
Snapdragon

Yesterday I had an hour, so I got the gerberas planted, with a little dutch miller as filler:
Gerberas and Dutch Miller
And the tomatoes:
Tomato starters
I need some fences for those guys so they grow up strong and happy.

And here are some random pictures. This is that pretty bell-flower plant I bought, which, after I brought it home, found out it's going to grow about three feet wide and five feet tall. Yeesh. I'm going to have to put it in the front yard I think.
Bell shrub
Bell shrub

And here's a weird/bad picture of the purple nemesia planted in the side plot next to the strawberries:
Purple Nemesia

So that's just about everything! I have two plots left, but I'm out of plants, so I'll have to make a trip to the garden center this weekend. I suppose I also need some mulch, but that sounds like a "wait until my roommate gets home from traveling and make him lift the bags" kind of job.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger CM said...

Wow. I'm impressed!

 
At 10:14 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Kelly said...

It looks great and I love the bell flowers on that plant. What kind of plant is it?

 
At 10:47 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

kelly - i keep forgetting the name. i'll try to remember to look at the tag again later.

 
At 2:26 PM, April 14, 2006, Blogger shoofly said...

wow, your garden looks gorgeous! i love the bell plant. You could plant it in a huge pot if you don't want it to get out of control! i just picked up some huge terracotta pots from ikea for 6.99...

nice work! and wow, what a difference from what you started with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares