Thursday, April 06, 2006

I can be a tourist in my hometown almost everyday.

After living here for four spring-times, I finally managed to make it down to see the cherry trees at their peak blossom time. Crazy, crazy, crazy packed with tourists. Since I usually stick to the Northwest/Downtown, I rarely see that many tourists, except for the occasional straggling family in Disneyland shirts wandering around U Street in search of that famous chili they'd heard so much about.

It was probably better than it could have been, because we got there a little before sunset. 'Course that means the light was not quite optimum and consequently, some of the pictures came out a bit dull. Really though, it's quite beautiful. I didn't realize exactly where the trees were located, so it was a nice surprise to see them all lining the tidal basin like a big pink, fluttering ribbon.

If you live in DC or read DC blogs, you've probably seen a thousand of these pictures, but here are a few of mine to add to the digital pile. Enjoy.

Tidal Basin & Cherry Trees

Cherry Blossoms over the Tidal Basin

Jefferson Memorial through a Cherry Tree

Cherry blossoms

I've got a few more on Flickr if you feel like clicking through.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

This was the first time you've gone?!? I love them. I don't even mind the tourists. The Tidal Basin gets transformed with them in full bloom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares