Friday, April 07, 2006

Your Gardening Blog Returns

I know, it's been awhile since I talked about the yard. Y'all must be dying to know what's going on. Right? Right.

Well anyway, the truth is I haven't done one bit of work for about two weeks, being distracted with the party and rain and other things. Also, sad to report, I brutally murdered my seedlings. Asphyxiation, I'm afraid.

But good news! The truck is rented, and tomorrow I'll be making the trip to Home Depot to pick up soil, stepping stones, and enough plants to feed a small nation. I even drew up schematics:
Garden Plan

The circles are plants that already exist in the plots, but I'm going to move them to the dashed circle areas, tentatively. I may decide to move them elsewhere once I start working my magic back there. Also, I'm just going to focus on the front two plots and the very back plot (that would be plots 1, 5, and 6, for those of you following along on the chart). I think if I bought enough vegetation for the entire 84 square feet, I would just be overwhelmed. I'll buy the soil and fertilizer for the entire garden, since that's what the truck is for, and then when I'm done with those three plots, I can pretty easily walk to our neighborhood garden store and buy starter plants for one small plot at a time. Also, I'll purchase the small stepping stones I want to use to divide each plot, so I can get to each one without getting in the dirt. Plus it'll look nicer, professional even!

Right, not professional, but one step above the expanse of trash-filled dirt that's there now, yeah?

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

Your ambition with this yard just warms my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares