Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Try Not to Elect A Criminal This Time

I know most of you probably don't care about the governor's race in Ohio, but this is spectacular news for the future of our nation:

Blackwell, Strickland to Battle for Governor
(via my old daily reading)

Also, this has come up a lot recently, so I'd like to point out that if you google my name, you will eventually find within the search results that I worked for Governor Taft. EXCEPT I DIDN'T. There was a girl with exactly the same name as me who worked for the Republicans just before I arrived on the scene for the Dems. As I entered the Statehouse, she was leaving to start with the Governor's office. Even at the staffer's orientation someone stopped me after introductions and asked me why I changed parties. Ugh. Maybe this is why I haven't gotten any callbacks for all those political jobs I applied to.

6 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

The same name and a Repub? That's a freakin' bummer. You ought to start using your middle initial or something. Oh, and THIS GIRL (right here) cares about the Ohio gov race! Although I'm hoping that elusive (and highly unlikely) Ohio Dem will run and win...riiiiiiight.

 
At 8:15 AM, May 04, 2006, Anonymous kirk diogu said...

actually being an R would probably help you now. but if your only political experience was 4+ years ago, that might explain something too. what did you do for your law school summers? that stuff is important on the job search, expecially in politics. i would keep trying. 3 more of my friends just got committee jobs in the last 2 month. only one has a jd.

 
At 10:25 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

roonie - actually, strickland is consistantly polling higher than blackwell, which is why it was so important that that effing crazy criminal conservative nutbag beat out the more staid petro in the primary.

kirk - being an R wouldn't help if i was appling to dem offices, they prefer loyalty over all else. which reminds me, i should probably start applying to jobs again...

 
At 5:58 PM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous mayday101 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:34 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

You keep up with Ohio politics better than I do. Props to you. And I just realized that you said you read the Toledo Blade back in the day as daily reading. My question is - really? And why? It's a shitty paper. I like to rail on it and find its errors when I get the chance.

 
At 8:24 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Well it helped that my two friends from Ohio visited last weekend, or I wouldn't have known the primary was going on this week.

And I read the Toledo Blade everyday because I worked for one of the State Reps in that district, so they delivered it to my office every morning. Yes, it is a shitty paper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares