Saturday, June 24, 2006

California: Bonus!

So far my trip to the left coast has provided me with the following:

1. $200 and a seat with leg-room for an army by giving up my 8:25am flight for the 11:25am.

2. Fresh, sweet strawberries from the farmer's market.

3. "Mmmmm...bop!" playing over the radio in the grocery store.

4. Waking up at 6:30am feeling like it was, gosh, 9:30! Also, hearing wildlife outside my window so loud I thought I'd accidentally taken a plane into the Amazon jungle instead. Where are all the fire trucks and drunken clubbers?

5. Smelling my mom make delicious mustard-encrusted salmon and some kind of yummy chicken, because she makes some meals every week for my grandparents to freeze and eat later. I think she's probably ordering me pizza for dinner or, like, microwaving some burritos. Uh-huh.

3 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

Man, how far out of the loop am I that I didn't even know you were here? How long are you staying? Wanna get a beer?

 
At 11:24 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Robert said...

Dude, how about you hit up a trip to your coast, down to the FL and we catch a shuttle launch. I hear they rock!

 
At 11:46 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

roonie - unf, i won't be here very long (unless the insane storms back in dc prevent my return), and i'm not really close enough to LA to make a quick trip down. sorry, i would have contacted you if i knew i'd be here longer!

robert - are there shuttle launches going on? i'll get down to fl eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares