Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Deliciousness

Okay, I guess once I get started again I just can't stop. I had to share this badass strawberry shortcake I made tonight:

Strawberry Shortcake

Yup, that's homemade shortcake. Since I can't cook for shit (seriously, I can't boil water without a recipe), people don't believe I can bake. But I can bake! Maybe it's because I follow directions like I'm doing a chemistry experiment that will blow my eyebrows off if I mess it up. Whereas cooking is all "guessing it's done," and I have the instincts of...a person with really terrible instincts.

Unfortunately, the strawberries are not from my yard. As much as I've enjoyed being able to produce berries in my garden, the six plants I have yield about two or three a day, and they spoil in about 24 hours. So I'm glad I tried, but I probably won't do it again next year. These are store bought, cleaned and cut during the Finals' 20 second time-outs.

Mmmm, shortcake and basketball. Deliciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares