Friday, June 30, 2006

Okay okay!

I get it! Google tells me there are a billion+ of you taking the bar this summer, and thanks to GG, I'm one of the first spots that comes up on google when you need to know answers. First, I defer to GG on all bar studying advice. Second, I will put up a post for you this weekend that summarizes my bar studying experience. Over many beers, a law school friend and I remembered tonight what it was like to study for the bar - and what we did right, and what we did wrong. Luckily, in hindsight, I'm very lucky to have done many things right, so I am happy to share them with you potential Lawyers. I feel for you, as I am drunk right now, yet when I was studying for the bar, was drunk once the entire summer, and that's obviously Just. Not. Right.

As per your many questions. 132 MBE will get you into DC. 105-110 is average on the first MBE practice exam, though if you get much lower, PRACTICE ESSAYS. Esp if you're taking CA, I guarantee you I passed on essay alone. Memorize the first paragraph of every essay. I.e. "California is a community property state. When a couple separates...etc.": Get it? MEMORIZE. PLAGIARIZE. No one wants ANY think from you. DON'T THINK! Just copy. And California will rue the day it called on you.

Good luck to you, my sober compatriots.

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger lala said...

Ugh, I can't remember a summer worse than that of 2002...when I put in my time studying for the Virginia Bar (and also not drinking or having fun, but consequently having many mini breakdowns and bouts of "I am so stupid."). Thank God that experience is in my memories now. And to think I'm not even practicing any more. :)

 
At 10:19 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger bettyjoan said...

Actually, you need a 133 scaled MBE to waive into DC. Not a big difference, but, as we all know, every point on this hellish test is crucial.

And thank you for emphasizing the importance of essays--I under-prepared for those my first go-around, and it ended up very badly. Thank goodness I came to my senses! :-)

 
At 2:20 PM, July 01, 2006, Blogger G. said...

Thanks! :)

 
At 11:05 PM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

ah, thanks for the correction bettyjoan.

 
At 3:44 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

Dude, I get a lot of hits from GG's blog. I feel wrong offering any sort of advice. I'm not quite qualified.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares