Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Random linkage

I haven't done a Technorati search in awhile, mostly because the site kinda sucks now for some reason. Like, it won't find links to TTtC that I know are out there, or whatever.

Found a couple of interesting things this time:

This site, which I think is in Portuguese, has a pretty familiar blog roll if you're acquainted with the art blogging world. Unlike most blogs in foreign languages that link to me, this one looks legit. I think the tag line reads something like "Small impressions about the big (plastic?) art world," but someone please fill me in if you can read it better than I.

Then there is this freaky site which apparently searches for any post with the word "paralegal" and turns it into its own freaky posts. What the hell is that about?

4 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger G. said...

Yeah those spam blogs really annoy me. They basically pick up an RSS feed of your content and robitcally post it to their own site, so that they can attract Google searches to their ads.

I think Eve found a way to stop them from stealing her content, she being all web savvy and stuff, but I don't know what it was.

 
At 10:07 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Scenic Artisan said...

i had a freaky link like your paralegal one. same exact format.

weirdnesses in the internets

 
At 9:33 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Yeah there were a couple of sites doing that to my posts too. They were home improvement sites. I didn't do anything about it because they weren't selling ads on their site (only plugging their own services). Plus, the blurb they re-posted linked back to my site. If they took the content and plagiarized it, I would be upset.

YOu can stop it by turning off your RSS feed, but then people like DC Blogs and people who have bloglines and blogroll won't get updates when you post something new.

 
At 3:33 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Teague said...

That supergiba one linked to me too; I also discovered it through Technorati. As always, online translators (while limited) are your friend: Translated Supergiba

Odd that so many of the links are for DC blogs though; copy/pasted from DC Art News maybe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares