Monday, July 31, 2006

The Seventh Circle of What?

It's Monday night and already I have a To Do list that's so long I'm left paralyzed everytime I look at it. My weekend of debauchery didn't help, and neither does my incessant blogging habit, come to think of it. I'm starting to see stuff on there that's so old, it's become a different project just by the sheer amount of time that's passed. Like, I ran into this guy at my college reunion (in MAY!) who I wasn't super close to, but at the reunion I remembered how much I enjoyed him, and we decided to keep in touch. Being the good person that he is, he emailed me sometime the next week...and I have yet to reply. It's sitting there in my gmail box, with a little star on it so I won't forget about it. But since it's been three months I feel like I'm going to have to concoct this really great excuse for not having written back yet. So, I put it off. I'm also sitting here looking at a pile of freshly cleaned laundry that needs to be put away, but, ho ho, that's way down on the list.

Ah well, at least I'm eating well deliciously. After getting Ben's chili cheese fries at 4am on Friday, I had a dream that I was trapped in a reality-tv style house for Jenny Craig people. Kirstie Alley was there forcing me to make a list of calories I was eating and told me my jeans were too low cut. What? Yeah, so I woke up at 2 in the afternoon and ordered a pizza. Put that in your diet and smoke it!

We also had an excellent bbq dinner last night. Our backyard got kind of crammed with people, but that's the way we like it. We cooked up beef dogs and Boca dogs, and even invited some real dogs. Also on the menu: damn fine homemade potato salad from Chai and to-die-for grilled quesadillas provided by Adrian. Which made me think: Fajita Night! Hot damn, I just planned our next bbq.

Unfortunately, it was hot as balls outside and even by midnight hadn't cooled off. The hilarious quote of the evening was from Joe, about this strange girl who insisted she was from France, having studied there for eight months, and used her "foreignness" as an excuse for having no concept of the social etiquette known as 'shutting the hell up when your fellow partiers' eyes start to glaze over.' I ran into him in the kitchen, trying to cool off by the A/C for a minute and we discussed the strange girl: "Being trapped out there by her, with that heat...it's like something Dante must have written about."

On an unrelated note, good news! My health insurance officially starts in 1.75 hours! Bring on the buses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares