Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday Notes

  • I really hate people who smoke on relatively busy sidewalks. I don't care if we're outside, I always get stuck behind one of these assholes for a good 100 yards (unless I want to sprint ahead, cross the street (and then cross back), etc) on my way to and from work, while he blows smoke behind him into my face.

  • I was laying on the couch reading last night and noticed my gut start to stick out over the edge of the book, when I remembered - I totally forgot to talk about what great food we had this weekend! Saturday night, I made fresh pico de gallo and guacamole, Sylvie made brown rice and provided delicious cupcakes and brownies, Paul sliced up some veggie kabobs and asparagus stalks for grilling, and Adrian grilled up steaks and potato slices. Mmmm! I wish I'd taken a picture of the spread, goodness knows I like to take pictures of what I'm eating. You'll just have to take my word for it: delicious. The downside? The house had dishes, silverware, serving bowls, grilling utensils...but no knives!! Do you know how hard it is to cut a pineapple and a watermelon with a butter knife? Neither do we, because we gave up after mushing our way through squash and tomatoes with it. Also: no wine key. So Adrian MacGyvered the wine open with a large wooden spoon. (Alcohol tastes better with cork.) On Sunday morning, Sylvie made fresh blueberry pancakes with turkey bacon. Seriously, this is the girl to invite on any cooking endeavor.

  • I saw a play that featured cicadas the other day, you know, those enormous bugs. When I left the theater I felt something itching my ankle. Thinking my pant cuff had just gotten caught on my shoe tongue, I reached down to pull it out - and out flew A GIANT BEETLE. UGH!!

  • While we're on the subject: Life Goal #539 - Use the phrase "c/um-spraying scene of despair" in a published article. Check.

  • 2 Comments:

    At 4:43 PM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Sylvie said...

    LOL...I can't even stand the site of my gut right now. I had to hit the gym today and try to burn off the steak and crabcakes I had. I figure...daily hour and a half trips for a month will do it. Ahh..but such good times.

     
    At 4:08 PM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Chai said...

    ewww....a Beetle!!!

    get used to it, hun.

    india = ginormus cockroaches

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Listed on BlogShares