Thursday, July 20, 2006

Well, when you say it like that...

Dr. Elizabeth Corday just called me. At least, I'm pretty sure it was her, even though she called herself Susan SomethingOrOther and said she was from -- you guessed it -- a recruiting firm in California. Dr. Corday left an adorable little message on my voicemail, which included, in part (in the most British of Briton voices):
I read that yooo took the Caahliforniah Bahhr Exam, and I cahhhn't imahhhhgine why yoood suuhbject yourself to suuuch a thing if yooo were not coming baahk to Caahliforniah.

Hey, Corday, if I don't take this shit from Brian, I'm surely not going to take it from you and your funny accent.

Just keep rubbing it in, people. The first person who brings the salt can keep my fancy certificate.

On a not entirely different note, via Quinn, I only have to drink 240 more of these Diet Dr. Pepper's I've got here to kill myself. Mmmm...death by caffeine.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, July 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone here knows you last name. and it's not hard to link up all your various posts around the internet--including comments on various sites. so, why the secrecy or pretending its a secret?

 
At 10:15 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Yes, I'm well aware my anonymity ship sailed long ago. Though if you notice, I uploaded that picture quite awhile ago. Anyway, I don't see any need to spread it about if I don't have to, why tease google like that?

 
At 11:56 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

That's so ridiculous. You should be proud you put yourself through it AND PASSED. Fug all those people. They're just jealous because they couldn't do what you did. They're trying to make you feel bad for such a huge accomplishment like passing the CALIFORNIA bar.

And that's the word.

 
At 8:19 PM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous kirk diogu said...

how do you view your blogging? http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/186/report_display.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares