Monday, September 18, 2006

I take it he's never seen Office Space

I was walking home just now, and I passed by this guy on the sidewalk as he was talking into his cell phone:

Guy, totally unironically: I think I woke up on the wrong side of my bed...Yeah, I think I have an aversion to Mondays...I just wake up on Mondays and feel, like, depressed.

What do you think the person on the other end was saying? Were they emphatically agreeing, "Oh my GOD, it's so true! Monday's are so depressing!" Or were they rolling their eyes and interrupting with, "Oh hey, hey, I think my microwave just caught fire..." As for me, I did my absolute best not to grab the phone out of his hand and yell, "You are INANE."

I'm a big believer in shutting the hell up unless you have something to contribute. This is why I hate meet-and-greets and small talk in general. In fact, every time I mention the weather I die a little inside. Cause you know why? It's a slippery, slippery slope til you become that girl that Dante writes about.

P.S. Dear Aaron Sorkin, the only person in the entire world who can make inane conversation a thing of magic: Thank you for using the same font on your Studio 60 title cards as you did with the West Wing. It was like..., sigh, coming home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares