Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Figures

For the love of Pete, these logistics are getting complicated. I signed my lease to start Nov 10, but my roommate insisted that I pay two full months, even though I gave him 30 days notice (and even though I've been subsidizing his live-in boyfriend for over a year). So whatever, I'll pay the second month. Looks like I've found a sublet for my new place for Nov, but that means I have to move my stuff in early. To complicate things, my new roommate has to move to DC a month earlier than either of us can get into the house. So she's going to crash on the couch of one of my friends, then sublet from my landlords, then, eventually, sublet from me. It also means I have to move in my furniture in two weeks, but sleep in my current house until almost December. Oy. It will work out, and I think I've got it figured out (I won't be sleeping on the floor), but basically, the month of October couldn't get more stressful if I asked Enron to balance my account for the next month.

I asked my friend David to meet me after work because, I think, "I need a fucking beer." Right. Actually, the night turned into an Al Bundy "I was a phenomenal high school [sport] player back in the day, and here's why:" It was kind of fun. He was a great soccer player, and I was a great softball/basketball player, and they're all stories we can't talk about anymore because we can only sit in front of the Tivo and shove our hands down our pants proclaiming we were "Once Great At Football." So, I told him my greatest softball dives that gave me scars for months, and he told me how he broke some dude's leg. Good times.

Also, I get about 20 google hits a day for "solly's." It's a good bar. Ask for the chips, they're worth every penny (ours were free, they're trying out their kitchen). I realize that somehow I've accomplished coming up third on google for Solly's, but look, it's at U and 11th, cheap beer, good environ. I'm hoping once we can get over with my friend Joy, who knows the owner, we can drink for free, but as it is, we were there for HOURS and drank for $15, so I'm not really complaining.

And on another note, doesn't it seem like these days you can't even idly surf the nets without reading that somebody wants you dead? Oh honestly. I think the romance novelists, my massive herd of trolls, and the people who just want me dead should get together and start a blog. WeHateHeather.org! A 501(c)(3) organization. Now that's an RSS feed I would subscribe to. Oh, the passion! The misplaced energy! (I know, I'm totally picking on you this week, Sandy. You're my blog guest of the month, but blog guests get linkage.)

Alright, I have a season finale of Project Runway to go watch.

5 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous tom said...

What were you drinking at Solly's? the one time I wasn't impressed by the prices, but my whiskey-drinkin' companions may have had something to do with that.

It seems like a nice bar. I had never been into U-Turn before -- that upstairs space is great. It seemed like there were a number of different demographics vying for the space last Friday (old people, frat people, us...). I think we need to mobilize and claim a decisive victory.

 
At 12:42 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

When it rains, it pours, sugar. For the record, I would start a counter-501(c)(3) to any We Hate Heather organization that would spring up. For serious.

 
At 1:23 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

Heather, really, I don't hate you and didn't do so in the past. If I'd hated you, I'd have thrown my pot of Earl Grey at you. Or better yet, sent you the pile of student papers I have to correct. They're enough to drive any person insane. (Like, did you know the dragon in Beowulf was probably just shy since he spent 300 years sleeping on his hoard in his barrow?)

 
At 4:10 PM, October 19, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

tom - yeah, we were drinking pbr's. far, far from my beer of choice, but at $3 a can, my empty wallet pretty much decided for me. i rather like the place too, so i'm all for mobilizing the troops for a hostile takover.

roonie - aw, thanks.

sandy - we're totally good, it seemed funny in light of my romance novel post, so i had to use the joke. although i still have lee rowan to deal with!

 
At 4:30 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous the romance novelist said...

Just to be on the safe side, though: have a look at this.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares