Saturday, October 21, 2006

Organization, yay!

Let's get this out of the way first: I don't know much longer I can watch Battlestar Galactica - arguably one of the best shows on television - if they insist on the FAT SUIT. I cannot even look at him in that thing. I seriously think they must have to do 20 takes for every one of his scenes because everyone keeps bursting out into giggles. Ugh!

Since I went out almost every single night this past week, I stayed in last night and even went to bed at a reasonable hour (fun!). I got up early totally recharged, and came to an important conclusion. Usually the real cause of my stress is disorganization, because when I'm disorganized, I cannot function. So, time to organize! If I were still in school, this is the day I would take my credit card to Office Max or Staples and stock up on index cards and highlighters and those great gel pens. Those of you with office supply fetishes know exactly what I'm talking about.

Alas, I no longer have any use for index cards (and still have a huge box full of unused ones from the bar exam...I should sell those on craigslist, those people will buy anything). So I will go to the next weapon in my organizational arsenal: lists. I've got about 10,000 things to do in the next couple of months, and not having them all properly organized for me to deal with is downright paralyzing.

This afternoon, however, I'm off to the races. That's right, I'm putting on some adorable heels and headed down to Nowheresville, West Virginny to bet on some horses. Okay, it's unlikely I'll be doing any gambling, but Sylvie's office organized some trip, so Steph and I joining them because, why not? Who goes to the track? We're leaving at 3, so that gives me time to get a number of things done, like, hopefully, buy a plane ticket home, pay some bills, and make some notes for a project I'm working on. Tomorrow I'm going to get busy on my India itinerary and making some hotel reservations, then I'll search for my vaccination records and reply to the 100 emails I've inadvertently ignored this past week (Jason, I'm lookin' at you!). I know, you guys totally care, but it's my blog and I'll houseclean if I want to.

8 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger maisnon said...

Mmmm.... office/school supply fetish. You know you're singing my song! ;)

 
At 12:54 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

And you know you're exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that! I even considered linking to the infamous index card binder post, haha.

 
At 5:18 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger maisnon said...

Have you read "Getting Things Done"? It's a little insane, but I'd still recommend it. At the very least, it inspires one to organize!

 
At 12:55 AM, October 22, 2006, Anonymous thedemocraticvolunteerfromNJ said...

For a second I thought you didn't care. Although, seeing that your scheduling issues require the kind of twisted logic that gets you a free pass into Republican leadership, I was willing to forgive you.*


*Note: This is how boring Southern New Jersey is in the winter. I'm in my brother's house on a saturday night writing a drunken blog comment. I've sunk to a new low.

 
At 7:59 PM, October 22, 2006, Anonymous Sylvie said...

And when you think you are alone in the world...
I have office supply fever too! I actually miss being a receptionist b/c I used to get to sit with this huge Staples catalog and buy things for my office. Nevermind the job with no respect, I had a 400 page Staples catalog by my side.

 
At 11:51 AM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

maisnon - that book is totally going on my christmas list.

j - you haven't really hit bottom until you're drunk blogging on a saturday night. oh yes, i've been there.

syl - that sounds like my dream job. i should subscribe to the staples catalog and bring it to work with me.

 
At 1:45 PM, October 23, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

I really love office supplies. I really do.

P.S. - Are you getting a new camera for India? I've been thinking about getting a new camera (in general); something less point-and-shoot and more, um, shoot? Anyway, did you decide on something? You're the most expert photographer I know, so I defer to your authority!

 
At 1:52 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

roonie - let me refer you to my other blog, or more specifically, this post for some good advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares