Monday, November 27, 2006

Fashion trends I can get behind...

Apologies for turning TTtC into Cosmo-wannabe lately, but I've been on a bit of a shopping kick, and also, I invited a bunch of people to this "cocktail party," not thinking that people would actually dress up, but now a few of my friends have told me how excited they are to wear [dress that's been in the back of the closet with no venue to present itself]. So it looks like I might need to somehow acquire an outfit by week's end.

It's lunch-hour and I was, naturally, doing some online window shopping when I realized there's been a new trend popping in from the wayback machine, its wealth of treasures hidden behind the offensive glare of 80's skinny pants and leg warmers (you have no idea how many girls I've seen wearing these recently. jesus people, could you please look in a mirror before you walk outside?). True to rule of multiples of 20's, I guess, the 1940's have been making a comeback, to my surprise and it turns out, glee. I find myself falling in love with all these adorable chunky pumps and mary janes. Now that I think about it, I've already started wearing a lot of those high-necked, puffy shoulder shirts, and covet the expensive knee-length wool skirts that come back to the stores every fall. Very demure, I suppose, but also very flattering on almost everyone. Maybe it's part of that Britney Spears, super-low rise jeans backlash, except I will rebel against anyone who tries to make me wear highwaisted pants again.

Okay, enough posting about clothes (for now). My move, if you're wondering (and you should be) went spectacularly, and I'm now living in my dream apartment. I'll write more on that later, including a word on the most awesomest bathtub ever.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger cg-c said...

Um, SKINNY PANTS?!??? Well, at least the boots sound deliciously adorable!

By the way, it's nice to be back...when my computer hard drive died, I lost my list of all the sites I visit! So sad! But it's good to be back!

 
At 5:30 PM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

Love. those. shoes. Help me, help me, those are so cute.

The high-necked blouse, although very stately and demure and fashionable, looks ridiculous on me. I'm too short, too meaty, and too booby. Unfortch, just like tanks with skinny straps, it doesn't work for moi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares