Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'd rather buy four Justin Timberlake tickets.

Ugh, jesus. I just got the bill for my California bar annual dues. How much, you wonder? Guess.

  • It's bigger than a breadbox. Er, wait. Actually, if you piled up the $1, it'd be like, two breadboxes.

  • If the number were in Rupees, it'd be just enough to buy my lunch around the corner at Jack's Deli.

  • You could probably buy a small monkey from the National Zoo for this much.

  • Okay this is getting boring. I've lost my funny today. I must have left it in my dark, dark bedroom that gets no light and is insanely difficult to wake up in. New House: 2047893, Old House: 1.

    Four hundred effing dollars. That's how much Cali wants from me. Maybe I should file for inactive status, since I only need the D.C. bar for my current job. Anyone know the pro/cons with that? I suppose I could look this all up, but I know you guys know and you're just holding out on me.
  • 3 Comments:

    At 12:20 AM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Sylvie said...

    Actually, you could have bought 5.63333 Justin Timberlake tickets.

     
    At 1:25 AM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous eve said...

    that's what i'm doing. for my current job, the active license is unnecessary. in addition, the cle requirements are proportional - so since i was only active for a year, i only have to do 9 credits (or something like that - it's on the website) an important consideration cuz those cle costs mount up and i don't have a law firm to foot the bill. it still burns me that i have to pay $125 a year for the mere privelege of having my name on their rosters, but i guess it's a small amount to pay should i ever need a license, and goodness knows i wouldn't want to take the barzam again. by the way, you can't go inactive if you're employed in any sort of law capacity, including real estate agent and paralegal... i'm not sure if that means employed *anywhere* in that capacity, or just employed in *california* in that capacity. so, you might want to check that out.

    how long ago does it seem like we took the bar exam? like about a hundred years? yeesh.

     
    At 4:52 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

    thanks for the info, eve, i'll have to look into that further. i hope it's not "anywhere," cause then i'm screwed. i should just make my temp agency foot the bill.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Listed on BlogShares