Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Education Was a Total Friggin' Joke You Say? Noooo.....

Going round the nets this morning to all my fellow AU law alums: Our Ethics (ETHICS, people) professor was censured for what? Committing fraud. Fraud of the type we were tested on later that semester.

One of my friends just took the required D.C. Ethics class (the one I stumbled my way through last month hungover, naturally), and they brought this incident up as an example, wherein my friend raised her hand and asked, "Is it a problem that he's the one who taught me to be ethical?"

Update: Didn't mean to be cagey. All of this is publicly available on the D.C. Bar site (direct links give errors, though), by the way, lest anyone think I'm libeling. Apparently his client knowingly gave a worthless check at a closing, which my professor knew about but concealed. That's fraud, yo. You'll be tested later.

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmyeah. Is that kind of like when your law school graduation speaker gets busted for shoplifting from Target (TARGET, for the love of Mike!)? You know, the guy who went on and on about our ethical obligations to protect those who can't protect themselves, including embryos (NOT kidding.)

 
At 2:45 PM, November 09, 2006, Blogger T said...

What! No details! Not all of us went to AU. Some of us went to other law schools and don't know what he did. And we want to know all the dirty sordid details...

 
At 2:54 PM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

Brilliant. Oh, the hypocrisy of our profession sometimes. It never ceases to amaze me.

 
At 6:25 PM, November 09, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Dude, who was your graduation speaker, Maisnon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares