Saturday, November 04, 2006

Where things start to go wrong

I got an email this evening telling me they're out of stock of my couch. Which is so lame, because it specifically tells you when you're purchasing it whether or not it's in stock (and told me it was out of other colors). So, I'm not sure what to do. Just keep trying? Because I'm just not going to spend a billion dollars on some couch from Storehouse or whatever. I'm going to Ikea tomorrow morning, so maybe I'll just ask them.

On a good note, it turns out that disassembling my furniture was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I forgot that I wouldn't have to deal with all the dowels and thingamajigs you have to stick in every single tiny piece. Just loosen the screws and you're good to go. I took explicit notes while I was doing it, so putting it back together shouldn't be too bad.

New roommate and I drove to Tenleytown this evening to deal with the mattress situation. I parked near the metro, trying to dampen flashbacks of the billions of hours I wasted waiting for shuttles there. We walked into the store and told him I was there to pick up my purchase. After ten minutes on the phone with his manager trying to figure out where my order was, the guy turns to me and says, "Are you sure you didn't buy it at Mattress Discounters?" Um. !! Apparently we'd walked into Mattress Warehouse, a mere 50ft from Mattress Discounters. Heh. Anyway, after we left with our heads hanging in shame, we found the right store and managed to pick up my mattress and buy one for her that was in stock, so the boys there strapped them to the hood of our SUV and we drove home like the suburban yuppies I'm sure we looked like. Speaking of which, this is some hard core midnight black Jeep they gave me, it looks like it came off the "We're 'marketing' to 'families' who want 'safety' but it comes standard with hidden compartments for your dime bags" line. I parked it on Clifton and as I walked away at 10pm, I think my exact words were, "That thing is gonna get jacked."

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, November 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Storehouse is actually going out of business. You might be able to get a great deal -- if anything is left.

 
At 4:53 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Hello anonymous reader who lives in my neighborhood. Unf, Storehouse closed their doors a couple of weeks ago, and before that I went in and took a look, but their supposedly great "going out of business deal" was like "15% of everything!" Making their couches a mere couple grand instead of a zillion grand.

But thanks for the advice, let me know if you know of any other potentially good deals in the hood.

 
At 1:06 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger The Governess said...

my sis-in-law: has had a Jeep jacked from Clifton. I was unaware until that happened that Jeeps were in such hot demand.

 
At 3:54 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

yikes. thank goodness, it was there and untouched the next morning. btw, it was this model. no one can tell me that car wasn't designed with crime in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares