Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cut off and stabbed repeatedly

Festive titles! I got my hair cut before the party Saturday and I gotta say, I hate it more everyday. The guy was like trimming a Bonsai tree or something. He'd snip off something, then step back, then jump forward real fast and snip another part off. For two fucking hours. By the time he was done, he'd snipped off four goddamn inches. It looked like a poodle'd been murdered on the floor. Then he took a straight razor and dragged it down my hair; after a minute of this I was like, "Are you sure you know what you're doing? My hair is going to frizz out if you keep doing that." "Noooo. You're beautiful! Look! (points to mirror) Sexy!" Ugh. Anyway, now it's short and frizzy. I'd go back but there's nothing that can fix it now that won't require cutting six or seven inches off. Lame.

I got the rest of my vaccinations for India on Tuesday. Meningitis and polio, the latter of which is good for life. Hooray! She warned me that the first one tends to burn going in, but I didn't feel anything and so she praised my high pain tolerance, ha. I think it's just because I've been stabbed with needles five or six times in the last couple of months. And last week I got my depo, which you can now choose to get in your stomach, so I thought I'd try that out. It's fucking weird. The doc was asking me a question as she hit the plunger and I actually gasped as I opened my mouth to answer. Ick. The thigh is just fine, thank you.

On my way out of the travel clinic the doc said she'd email me about my 6 month Hep A booster, to which I responded, "eh...what?" I'm not sure how this detail escaped me, but the Hep A vaccine is two shots, and they're both $130. Geez. At least I don't have to worry about that until next summer. And now, except for possibly yellow fever, I'm vaccinated to go pretty much anywhere in the world.

Also, yeah, I'm folding FtO. It was a valiant try, except...not really. I kept thinking about posts to write, but then I'd never sit down and write them, but write here instead. So, even though I love my banner, I'm just going to do all my blogging here from now on. Oh well. It was the product of a bored weekend anyway, to which the answer is always, "make something useless!"

Two weeks!!

4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

(1) I became a bad frizzball at the beginning of this year, due to a run-in with a razor-happy beautician, too. Keep up with trims (and ONLY trims) and let it grow. Ponytails saved my life. I'm starting to love my hair again. But I feel you; us curly girls really have to watch who chops our locks. Um, yeah, I just sounded like Seventeen there.

(2) Depo, as in Depo-Provera? In the STOMACH?

 
At 4:12 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

1) Word.

2) Yup. The greatest gift to womankind ever.

 
At 9:55 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Jason said...

Greatest gift after men right? Hello? Anyone?

 
At 10:27 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

I had some wonky side effects on depo, like major massive weight gain in the hips. And six weeks of constant flow. I wanted to love it, but it didn't love me back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares