Monday, December 04, 2006

Oh no they didn't

1. What's an RPG?? What's an RPG??? When did Aaron Sorkin decide officially that he wanted to go from smart, if-you-can't-keep-up-you'll-be-left-behind dialog to "if you've been living in the world for the last 5 years you know this, but I think my audience is so stupid we're going to explain everything until the very last person stops listening"? Hmm? Studio 60, you and your "very special" episodes, your moronic expositions, your lame attempts to make me care about an effing skit show are dead to me. Everything about this show is 'special.' Yeah, that kind.

2. January 22?? I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, how can we go even one week without the awesomeness that is Heroes? On the other hand, I was going to buy another tivo ONLY to record the show while I was in India. Turns out I'm not going to miss it at all, so tivo, I guess you don't get any more of my money.

3. Life without TV is grand. As long as I catch Heroes, I don't miss it at all. I read for hours last night, and when I got distracted because it seems that people just can't help themselves from bringing unwanted drama into my life, no matter how many different ways I insist I want none of it, I set-up my DVD player and watched a movie that I bought two months ago and still hadn't unwrapped. Yay unpacking!

4. God, my knee hurts. I have no idea what I did to it, except I think it happened Saturday night. But, for once at a party, I didn't get all black-out wasted (um, yay?), and I think I would have remembered stumbling in my heels. It sort of feels like someone twisted my knee right around, and now all the tendons are pulled out painfully. Crossing my legs hurts. Walking down the street hurts, but mostly because I walk funny and tend to hyperextend my legs, not helping the tendon situation. I don't know why I do that, but people insist on telling me I walk funny all the time, so it's not like I don't know, yo. I blame it solely on my height. Partly, because when I was an adolescent I grew like a weed. No, I grew like one of those gelatin-coated pills with a humorously-shaped sponge inside the second it hits water. Seven inches in a year, ten in two years. And "growing pains" is not just the name of a delightful early-90's sitcom. It's hard core real, and due to both I was one dweeby, gangly pre-teen. And, I think it kind of stuck with me. And then partly because of my cross-country coach. Because I used to be very short, I had a very short stride, which I guess I kept after I grew, though it felt just fine to me. However, it didn't stop the litany of commands from the coach riding next to us on his bike during practice, "C'mon Heather, step it out! Pick up your knees! Relax your shoulders! Lean forward up that hill!" And so on and so on until I totally forgot how to move forward in any kind of standardized motion. He finally stopped after that time I won league championships. But not cause I won, but because I did extend my stride since I was, you know, winning and running faster then I ever had before because I thought #2 runner was right on my heels (she was actually about 100 yards behind me) and... then I tore my back muscle just before the finish line. From extending my stride. Oy. So...what was my point again? Oh right. Man, my knee is killing me.

5. Okay, Studio 60, you kind of saved yourself with a chuckle out of, "I just mentioned the Star of Bethlehem and everyone got on the internet for two days." Heh. But then there's, "I'm an astronomy buff." "You mean loser." Sigh. Apparently I'm liveblogging the show now. For some reason. No tivo for you!

5 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

if you've been living in the world for the last 5 years you know this

Yeah, but World of Warcraft isn't the world in question...

 
At 9:31 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Oh, but isn't it?

 
At 12:20 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger G. said...

I stopped watching Studio 60 two episodes ago... the first part of the two-parter was the straw that broke the camel's back. It feels really great, you should try it.

 
At 2:17 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

g - someone clicked through from a "studio 60" google search today, which i clicked back through for some reason. there was another blog linked by some guy who literally liveblogged it - summarizing the entire episode. then he ended with the comment:

"I don't know, I think the show is still too cerebral for me."

 
At 1:12 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger bekbek said...

Too cerebral. *snort*

I'm still watching. I can't help it. It's the only show on television that's actually driven by dialogue. Plus, there are the multisyllabic words to consider, even if the characters apparently don't know what they mean.

I don't have high hopes for the show, understand. It's just my only counterbalance for all the other meaningless drivel.

And I can't watch Heroes. It's about the garbage disposer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares