Tuesday, December 19, 2006

On Pills

I realized halfway through doing this that maybe taking all my over-the-counter pills out of the packaging and putting them into space-saving ziploc baggies may not be the wisest idea. Does anyone know how TSA slash customs reacts to non-labeled pills? All my prescriptions are in their bottles, so I'm good there, it's the Immodium and sleeping pills I'm worried about here.

Also, can I get a vote on taking an oxycodone on the plane? I've got a prescription from a few years ago and took one for a legitimate medicinal purpose and it so totally knocked me out that I never went near them again. Granted, they expired three months ago, but I'm sure they're still good. See, I can't sleep on planes whatsoever, so I'm sort of worried that I'm going to go through 36 hours of total conscious hell (they played "Click" on Chai's flight...which may be reason enough). If I took one of these babies, the plane could literally fall out of the sky and I'd sleep all the way down. My only worry is that I won't be lucid enough to properly make my plane change in Heathrow after 8 hours.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, December 19, 2006, Anonymous roonie said...

You can take all that stuff safely, and it counts as "medication." Hell, even my contact solution counts as medication. Which is nice, because I usually fill up that quart-sized bag with everything upon everything else.

 
At 6:03 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger T said...

Technically, I believe you are required to have a copy of the prescription (or the bottle itself) with you when you fly. That being said, pills don't show up on x-rays, so they won't see them if they aren't on top. Check your boarding pass when you get it (hopefully 24 hours in advance online). If you see "FFFF" on the bottom right corner, bring the bottles, and know you are going to get searched closely.

If you want to be really safe, I'd take the pills in the bottles for the first flight out of the states, and then switch to baggies.

 
At 9:35 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger archana said...

what if you take the oxycon once you've caught your connection in Heathrow? then missing flights won't be as possible :)

have a safe flight and a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares