Friday, December 29, 2006

Quick Update

Don't have too much time to talk, as I'm leaving for Ooty and my driver is waiting patiently outside.  Mysore has been interesting.  Luckily there's not as much to do as I thought, because Maisnon and I have spent half the time with travel agents booking the rest of our trip.  After a few very stressful hours trying to work out travel arrangements and my budget, I think I've got it all figured out.  From here I leave to Ooty for two days, then Bandipur National Park for two days in a jungle lodge, then down to the state of Kerala to Calicut, Alleppey, Thekkady, and Munnar (possibly).  Those are misspelled but my map's in my bag.  In Kerala I'll be hitting up mostly beaches and jungles and backwater boat rides. 
 
Oh, so we got bumped hotels in Mysore, because after stopping at three booked lodgings, we found a hotel that only had one night open.  Thankfully their travel agent found us an open hotel for the second night and it was even Rs. 100 cheaper (that's about $2.50, woo!).  Oh my god you guys...I'm so totally spoiled now.  It was better than most US hotels I've stated at.  It was brand new (and I assume not in any of the guide books, thus the low prices and empty rooms), and shiny and clean.  Even a flat screen tv.  Ridiculous.  Except this totally says India: the tub looked about 10 years old and the tiling had mildew already, haha.  Like they got the top notch quality materials for everything else and then headed to the Mysore Used Tub Emporium. 
 
Oh, and Paul, I can't reply in the comments because the word verification won't appear, but omg, the head bobbing.  Don't even get me started.
 
I've gotta run, but I probably won't have the internet again until I'm in Calicut on the 3rd, so unless I find a computer in the jungle, I hope you all have a happy new year!  I'll say hello to the tea plantations for you all.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous sylvie said...

You guys have to explain this head bobbing thing to me.

 
At 12:16 AM, December 31, 2006, Blogger mundax said...

Hi Heather

I have a homestay in Kuttikkanm on the way to Thekkady. If you are looking for accomodation around Thekkady please check my website www.mundax.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mathew
Phone: 0944 755 0804

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares