So far my trip to the left coast has provided me with the following:
1. $200 and a seat with leg-room for an army by giving up my 8:25am flight for the 11:25am.
2. Fresh, sweet strawberries from the farmer's market.
3. "Mmmmm...bop!" playing over the radio in the grocery store.
4. Waking up at 6:30am feeling like it was, gosh, 9:30! Also, hearing wildlife outside my window so loud I thought I'd accidentally taken a plane into the Amazon jungle instead. Where are all the fire trucks and drunken clubbers?
5. Smelling my mom make delicious mustard-encrusted salmon and some kind of yummy chicken, because she makes some meals every week for my grandparents to freeze and eat later. I think she's probably ordering me pizza for dinner or, like, microwaving some burritos. Uh-huh.