Friday, January 19, 2007

Because this part of the trip really needed to be longer.

Naturally, after I decided to spend the night at the airport to prevent a 3am rickshaw ride through the city, my flight was delayed until noon.  That's over five hours, meaning I missed my connection to Dulles by about twenty minutes.  They couldn't get me on a flight until tomorrow morning, so I have hotel, dinner, and breakfast vouchers, and need to go outside and find my shuttle soon. 
 
I did meet a nice girl who sat next to me on the plane.  I'm not usually into plane conversations, cause they're often awkward and uncomfortable, and I'd rather read, but this one ended in us exchanging information and making tentative plans to travel to Iceland together this summer. 
 
I'm starting to feel a tad sick.  Not flu sick or malaria sick, but more like "I've been eating out for every meal for thirty days and haven't showered in three days and really, really just need a bath and a can of Progresso Lentil Soup and some crackers" kind of sick.  Oh well.  Twenty more hours and I'm home free.  I hope. 
 
 

1 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, January 20, 2007, Anonymous you know who said...

click your heels together, close your eyes, and repeat after me "I'M NEVER LEAVING SYLVIE ALONE IN DC AGAIN!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares