Sunday, January 21, 2007

Happy Journey

That's the Indian version of Bon Voyage, and my driver would say it every morning as we left on the next leg of our trip. I have finally finished my journey, and it was indeed a happy one. Well, actually Paul said to me yesterday, "So tell me the honest truth, was it good, bad? Hard, easy? Ugly, pretty?" And I said, "Yes." I'm going to save the summary of my trip for when I've had a bit more sleep, but in short, the trip was all those things, and I'm glad I went, and I'm glad I'm home.

I actually feel like I'm living in a dream, only because I've felt semi-conscious for days on end now. Staying in London was actually pretty great, particularly since the hotel was totally posh, and compared to a month of Indian hotels, it was a fucking palace. Also, even though it ended up being a four day journey home, starting in Delhi, I actually got to sleep on the way, and in a time zone much closer to the one I would be returning to, but nevertheless, I still feel somewhat crazy.

And of course as soon as I step off the plane I'm like, "why don't I get drunk and go to a party?" Yes. So that's what I do, except first I take a shower, which was the most awesomest shower I've ever taken EVER and I'd never felt so clean in my entire life EVER. Then I meet up with some folks and drink so much beer and whiskey that combined with my semi-conscious state turns me quite delirious, and the party was so crowded that I started to have flashbacks of insane Bangalore streets and being cramped inside airports and airplanes for days on end, and at one point someone bumped me from behind and in my delirious reaction I freaking elbowed him. I immediately hear, "Watch it with the elbows" and turn around and naturally, it had to be my ex, which will no doubt bring the next chapter of meladrama that I've so been missing for a whole month. Otherwise, I had fun and was pretty happy to see familiar faces finally, even if I probably sounded like a mentally challenged person most of the night. I managed to wake up at a decent hour without a hangover, so I had brunch with Sylvie but was so dehydrated I still felt like I was swimming through wavy air all morning, until I had two diet fountain sodas (I missed you) and started babbling non-stop, which you might have noticed I'm still doing.

Okay, I'm going to go turn on the fireplace, watch some American television, and deal with this photo uploading situation.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

Heather, glad to hear you've arrived home safe & sound AND that this was such a great trip for you.

 
At 9:56 AM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks Sandra, it's good to be back. It's nice to know people were actually taking an interest in my werrd adventures!

 
At 1:39 PM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares