Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shivering from the greenhouse gasses

Oh man, you know what's really awesome? When you're walking to work in the morning, battling insane arctic winds whipping through the tunnels created by mini-scrapers in Farragut Square until it makes your eyes water and tears run down your face - and then it all immediately freezes on your cheeks and in your eyeballs. God, I love that. Almost as much as I love dodging 50 pound, metal piped sidewalk signs nowhere near properly tied down, tumbling down the street searching for something fleshy to impale.

Check out the goods!
Woo!
This is the rug I bought in Cochin, which finally arrived last Saturday. It's 100% silk, handmade in Kasmir. I totally, totally love it. You all should come by and rub your feet on it and enjoy. Though I can tell I'm going to be conflicted about leaving it out at parties - wanting to show it off but also save it from red wine disaster.

I bought my mom a small 2x3 rug in Jaipur, which she got last week. I can't really remember what it looks like anymore, but she says she loves it, thank goodness, and is going to use it as a wall hanging.

Well, I'd like to talk more, but I'm off to the beach tomorrow and must pack. That's right, THE BEACH. Enjoy the snow, suckers.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous roonie said...

Where are you going? Are you coming home?

 
At 1:51 PM, February 09, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Nah, not this time, though I hope to come home sometime in the next few months. I'm just heading in the direction of the closest warmth, cause it's effing cold up in here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares