Friday, February 16, 2007

Something You Already Knew

Cell phone insurance is a waste of money. I know, I'm not sure what came over me when I purchased it last year. Well, I suppose it was that my new phone - even though I got it for free - would have cost about $350 if I'd had to replace it, so I signed up for the $5/month insurance.

Solly's it turns out, does not have my cell phone, which means I must have dropped it in the ice on Wednesday, and as David said, the neighborhood has officially recycled it into crack by now. Or, if my cell phone records are any indication, it's at least facilitating numerous crack deals. I've temporarily suspended my service, so the crackheads will just have to wait until another classy drunk girl drops her phone on the way home.

So I went to Verizon today to claim my insurance...for a whopping fifty dollars. That's right, if you did the math you'd see that I've paid at least $120 to this cause so far...for less than a 50% return on my investment. Jesus. Not only that, but I have to make the claim today, it takes two days to process, and since it's a holiday weekend, I probably won't see that money until at least Tuesday, and I can't buy a new phone until I get the claim money (or I can, I just have to pay full price). It gets better: I need the make and model of my phone, which means I have to either log-in online, except I don't have my ID/pw here, and if you ask them to send it to you - they send you an effing text message - Helpful! - or, I have to wait until I get home to either log-in or find my receipt from a year ago. So, I won't be calling anyone for about a week. I think I'll just suck up the $50 and go buy a new damn phone.

At the very least, it was warm in the Verizon store, which is a lot more than I can say for my house or office. We've officially converted to electric radiators and space heaters in my house, due to the construction next door, that is, until the landlords hire a contractor to reroute our vents. Which I predict will happen about the same day that winter ends. At least we've got our gas fireplace, which warms up the place nicely. It would be nice if at the very least my office wasn't ice, ice cold. I pretty much sit here in my winter coat and scarf all day, shivering, until the thought of even going outside where it's even colder makes me want to kill someone.

Woo! Worst Week Ever over in t-minus two days.

P.S. I just realized if I wait until I get home to call the insurance people...I won't have a phone to call from. Ha Ha.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger TSC Girl said...

OK you have Verizon, so I've got some tidbits of info for you, it was one of many places I temped .... email me. tscgirl AT comcast DOT net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares