Monday, February 05, 2007

Why 'bowl when you can Bolly?

I think he's showing off

I was going to happily announce that the rest of my India pictures have all been uploaded, but I just realized there's a chunk missing in the middle of the last week, including such treasures as me perched on a camel and adorable children flying kites, so I'll have to do that tonight. In the meantime, you'll have to be satisfied with me on a smiling elephant and awesome photos from the astronomical observatory.

Instead of being bored to death watching two teams I don't care about playing a sport I don't care about, I grabbed the Bollywood dvd's I bought my last day in India and headed up to Steph's sweet condo in Silver Spring. Sylvie and I stopped at Giant for some fixin's and ended up with a table of snacks to rival the sad little bowl of canned queso you had at your superbowl party, including, but not limited to, homemade crab & cheese dip and red velvet cupcakes. Then, during intermission (yes, Bollywood movies are so long they all break for intermission), we ordered Indian food. I thoroughly enjoyed the awesomely cheesy dance numbers with my butter chicken.

Then I got a call from my landlord telling me they're shutting off the heat in my house today. Permanently. Fuck.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

What? They're shutting off your heat? What?

 
At 1:20 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

For real. Apparently the construction going on next door involves walling over our vents, which means we can't use the gas furnace that powers the central heat and keeps every nook and cranny nice and toasty, and instead have to switch over to these "electric furnaces," which are essentially super duper space heaters.

Believe me, we are not pleased.

 
At 2:47 PM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous roonie said...

What a cute subject line. Kudos for that. And I envy your red velvet cupcakes. Those are some great eats.

 
At 10:42 AM, February 06, 2007, Blogger Kelly said...

Holy cow! That's unreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares