Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back to Business

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. I let so many things slide while I was prepping for Exposed, I've just got a big pile of mess waiting for me to deal with it. I need to go to Rite Aid SO BAD. Every morning I get ready for work and curse myself again for not going as I'm scraping the bottom of the bottles of every toiletry I have. My dresser is completely empty because I've worn everything and thrown it on the couch in my room. I did laundry two weeks ago, but never bothered to put it away, so every morning I grab some underwear and socks out of the basket, then throw the old ones on the floor next to it in my closet. Classy. I have food to eat, but nothing perishable, which means my trip to the salad bar for lunch today included the first vegetables I've eaten in...forever.

Oh man, I had to finally deal with this no-heat situation with my landlords with regard to the rent, and its really hard to negotiate a rent reduction without being kind of a bitch about what's going on, but I really like my landlords and am trying to keep good-will with them, which I think I managed to do. Oh, I have to pay my taxes! Maybe I'll bring my W-2s and do it on the plane on my way to Cali on Thursday. That's the other thing, I scheduled up every single evening this week, so I'm not really sure how any of this is going to get done. But, screw it, I'm going to enjoy my five days in the sun and consider that my vacation after Exposed, and deal with this stuff when I get back.

Speaking of Exposed, I've already put a couple of write-ups on the site, so I won't go into too much more detail here, except to say I'm still having trouble processing how well that went. I mean, I expected snags, but the whole thing came off with nary a hitch. The Post write-up was key, and brought tons of people down who'd never even heard of DCist before. And the emails I've gotten! Wow. Talk about community spirit. I've really learned so much through this whole process - it was a big project to keep organized, though, really, most of my time was spent updating spreadsheets and answering emails, heh. But hey, now I can sort of say I directed a gallery show, eh? How about some pictures:

Packed House
Mission statement
DCist Exposed!
Post-hanging, pre-show

You can see the rest of the set here (and all the others from the show, which I obsessively went through Flickr and "faved" here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares