Monday, March 26, 2007

Dry run

I was feeling quite a bit claustrophobic in my office today, and one benefit about being hired on is that I can now take work home. So I gathered my papers and high-tailed it out of there at 5:30, hoping to enjoy a leisurely walk home in the sun. Halfway there, David sent me a text, saying the weather was too nice to waste: true, I answered, beers in my backyard? Yes. I got Jason to bring some dogs over, though unfortunately the rest of our group was either in Miami on long weekend, at work, or at the Decemberists concert, so the three of us quite enjoyed our beers on the deck on our own. I made some mental notes: need light, speakers, and probably another set of chairs. The condo building next door is a huge terrible problem, but there's nothing we can do. I do hope my poor little garden will survive the blotting out of the sun, but we'll see.

Anyway, David grilled some dogs, and we actually realized, unrelatedly, that for the first time, our whole crew was single. Usually about 1/3 of us have been heavily into long-term relationships, but those have all recently ended for one reason or another, and we're suddenly all talking about dating all the time, or why we don't want to date, or some version thereof. So, it's a little interesting; of course, the three of us have been single for quite awhile. Eh, I don't know, I have a variety of interesting, and not so interesting dates coming up, but clearly I need more girl friends so the situation doesn't devolve into "sex is like pizza: even when it's BAD it's good" converation. Cause, like, I can only talk about Playboy covers so long, you know? Also: basketball. I played basketball for most of my life, and I loved it, but I don't want to sit around and talk about it. Hmm...wait, didn't I bring work home? Crap. I guess I better wake up early tomorrow. And prepare for the next barbeque. Mmmmmm.

3 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

*lol* Oh the pitfalls of language! This is what I thought when I read your post:

I got Jason to bring some dogs over,

Some dogs? Uh-hm, like, to play with? In the backyard???? And how many? Does he work in an animal shelter or something??? *scratching my head*


Anyway, David grilled some dogs

Oh. Oh, probably no dogs of the fluffy, tongue-lolling, tail-wagging variety, after all, but of the Bratwurst-variety. Hot dogs.

*ggg*

 
At 12:51 PM, March 28, 2007, Anonymous David said...

No, Sandra, your first impression was accurate. I hate those little crotch sniffers, except when served with mustard and sauerkraut.

 
At 12:55 PM, March 29, 2007, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

You know that sauerkraut is a culinary abomination, don't you? And it results in a funny smell in your kitchen when you're cooking it.

(Oh, that's right, you would have been cooking it in Heather's kitchen. *g*)

;-P

Btw, do you guys know that RWA National will come to DC in 2009? Meaning, you will be run over by romance writers! Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares