Thursday, March 08, 2007

Let's do this thing.

Tomorrow it all comes together: DCist Exposed at Warehouse at 6:30 p.m. Be there.

You're not going to believe this, but I'm still at the office. It's ten to midnight. Sigh. I'm only sticking around a few minutes longer because Sylvie is down the street and about to leave in 15, so we're going to hitch a ride together. Also, my boss wants me here at 7:45am for a meeting, since I'm leaving early. Yeesh. So much for getting any sleep tonight! Good thing my adreneline will be at High Alert Levels for the next 24 hours.

On to more exciting things. DCist Exposed is all over the mothereffing place. I hope it's a huge turnout. I took a long lunch today and went to Warehouse to hang the photos, which turned out to be kind of insane. The second floor was just jampacked with photos, and it was really taking away from the show, so after about an hour of moving things around, finding photos that looked good together, we decided to go up a floor. So now we've got two full floors of photos. I've still got tons of work to do, like stick the title cards up, make a one sheet, and gather my office supplies and legal documents for sales. I think it'll go smoothly though, I didn't leave too much til the last day, and I'll have about six hours before the show starts to smooth out any kinks. Want some previews??

Photos, pre-hanging:
Pre-hanging for DCist Exposed

It was like Christmas! I totally got to stand there in the middle of the gallery and unwrap them all like shiny new presents.
christmas comes early

I was gonna give you all an ultra secret sneak peak, but I just can't do it. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Come join us tonight, and let me know if you want to buy one of these amazing things - they're rising stars and you'll be getting a serious bargain.

This whole thing, while it may have been a lot of work, has been such a blast to put together. Partly just because I love running projects, but I'm still having a hard time believe we're throwing a gallery show tomorrow. And I've actually cultivated some nice online relationships with the photographers through this process. I sent out my last email to the group tonight, with everything they'd need to know for Friday, and I've gotten back some responses that just thawed my frozen little heart. Like, "...thanks for all of the hard work that you put into making this show happen. It's given us all a lot to be proud of and generated a lot of energy in the local art scene. I hope I can be a part of it next year!" Aw!

Okay, I'm getting the heck out of this office. Come to the show tomorrow! Can I say it? I think I will: I love it when a plan comes together.

P.S. Hey, if these guys bring their cameras to the photoshow, you should totally have them take your picture. I mean, look!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger igotmoxie said...

that's awesome.
from someone who knows it's no small feat to mount a show at the warehouse- congratulations!!!

xox
beth b.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares