Wednesday, March 21, 2007

my corset aches as i tremble in anticipation, or something

Regular TTtC readers will no doubt know Ms. Sandra Schwab, romance novel writer extraordinaire and occasional commenter on this blog. For those of you who don't, start with this post I wrote for DCist back in October, Sandra's response, my reply, and you'll just have to take my word that the subsequent emailing back and forth eventually resulted in a surprisingly enjoyable blog friendship. Ah, the internets.

When we reached our amicable stage, Sandra offered to mail me a copy of her new book when it came out in the spring. I told her that, of course, I couldn't review it for DCist, but I'd be happy - thrilled even - to write a review of her romance novel on good old Two-Timing here, but that she has to know I'll probably make fun of her in the process. The deal was sealed, and behold:

For my review

You guys - there's a big bad wolf AND a deck of erotic playing cards! Await my review with baited breath, y'all. (Note to Sandra: I have about 50 pages to finish in my current book, so I'll probably start it next weekend. And thanks!)

5 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

Ooooh, a first glimpse of my ARC! How lovely! I haven't yet seen one of those myself, so imagine me giddy with delight. :)

I hope you're going to enjoy the journey to the Black Forest, Heather!

I should warn you, though: one of my characters says "geez" twice and another "holy cow". I know that "geez" is an Americanism from the 1920s BUT I thought it fits the character in question. (So far, two reviewers apparently neither liked the geez nor the cow.) I swear, whenever the subject of historical accuracy is raised I want to go and quietly bang my head against the nearest wall.

The erotic cards in the novel are based on these. *g*

 
At 12:38 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

I say 'geez' on occassion.

 
At 12:57 PM, March 21, 2007, Anonymous Sandy said...

Heather, those two reviewers objected to the "geez" because it wasn't in use yet in 1827...

 
At 1:43 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

mmm yeah, I wouldn't have caught that. I don't think you'll have to worry about a lot of historical accuracy arguments from me. Where's the fun in that?

 
At 2:02 PM, March 21, 2007, Anonymous Sandy said...

Besides, just imagine if this had been a medieval and I had written all dialogues in Middle English! *g*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares