Saturday, March 24, 2007

Shoe blogging

Check out my new jellys:
New shoes
I went down to Unsung Designers today. Remember the dress I wanted? Grace from Unsung told me the designer could send me the version without wings, so I finally ordered it last weekend and got it on Wednesday. However, I put it on and whoa was it short. On the model it goes down to her knees, but it was a full six inches shorter than that on me (I measured). I sat down and my bare ass was on the chair, so I had to return it. Luckily, Grace is totally accommodating, said she was sorry for the mix-up and I could swing by their store in AM to return it, rather than shipping it back. When I brought it in to the store she looked at it and said "Oh my god, that's like an ice skating outfit!" Haha. So, it wasn't just me. Turns out the designer actually makes different versions of the dress. She's going to let me know when the new line comes in so I can get a longer one. I was also there to meet Rachel and do a little fashion thing with the store, so you can look forward to that later, but in the hour and a half we were hanging around the store I fell in love with (well, a lot of things) these cute little jellys. They're terribly comfortable and affordable and, believe it or not, smell like fruit. We'll see how long that lasts.

Also, I finally made it to Amsterdam falafel! I know, I've been in DC for what, five years now? I'm already addicted, though I want to try M'Dawg next, even though I've only heard so-so reviews of it. How bad can you really screw up a hot dog anyway? I think I'll also be spending some more quality time at Unsung in the future, I love their website, but their stuff looks so much better in person. Now if only I could afford to drop $350 on a pair of heels...

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, March 26, 2007, Anonymous chai said...

you made it to amsterdam falafel!!! :) yeahhhhhh!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares