Monday, April 16, 2007

Neil! Play the drum solo of life!

Awesome things from this weekend:

  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie. My face literally hurt after nearly two hours straight of laughing. The first five minutes alone is worth the price of admission.

  • Artomatic. Zillions of people, cheap beer, and room after room of art. Some of it was awfully bad, but there was a good amount of interesting and sometimes really great stuff. I took a ton of photos, but don't feel like uploading them tonight, so I'll do that later this week. It was fun to see all the Exposed photographers' work up, and I ran into a tipsy Randall Scott about ten times, Alexandra Silverthorne who grabbed my arm as she whizzed by to the other end of the building, and Brett, who I already knew was a talented photographer, but was surprised to see his fascinating abstract photographs - nothing like the stuff we've seen in the DCist pool. We walked around for hours and still missed tons of stuff. I'll be back next weekend!

  • Seven art openings within four blocks. Paul, Sylvie and [her new boyfriend] trekked down 14th Street with me to see the shows. I especially loved Project 4's "art party" in the Church Street space with all the videos and live music. Irvine had some crazy sci-fi paintings that I enjoyed, though I'm not really getting the sand castle in the middle of the gallery. Anyway, even if the art had all sucked, which it didn't, I could think of worse ways to spend a rainy Saturday evening.

  • 4 Comments:

    At 2:34 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Alexandra said...

    good seeing you...even if for two seconds without any conversation!

    multiple trips are definitely required in order to soak it all up.

     
    At 7:11 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

    Yeah, I have to apologize, I didn't really see you until you were behind me, and though you're not twins, you bear a strong resemblance to the dcist theater critic when you're zipping down the hallway, so it took me a double take to realize who had said hello, and by then we were a little too far apart to stop and have a convo, heh. Next time!

     
    At 6:02 PM, April 18, 2007, Blogger David said...

    I leave town for a week and Sylvie gets herself a boyfriend? Hot damn, what else'd I miss?

     
    At 5:28 PM, May 09, 2007, Anonymous Brett Davis said...

    Heather, thanks for the mention! Just saw this, so forgive the tardy commenting on my part. ...

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Listed on BlogShares