Thursday, May 03, 2007

You know why? Because that's how we roll.

That was easily one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time. A few months back a small group of us bought tickets to one of those warehouse clothes vendor things. You know, massive levels of estrogen packed into a concert venue with endless clothes and jewelry kiosks. And an open bar. It actually wasn't that great, or at least, there wasn't much worth buying, though I did try on some dresses in the middle of the floor (that I didn't buy) and came home with a pretty hot necklace, and drank some strange pomegranate malt beverage.

I thought that's all we were gonna do, but apparently Steph planned a little get together at this brewery downtown. Let's just say it involved an entire set of broken glasses, two minor injuries, my friends' penchants for bringing baked goods to bars, slightly racy pictures of me and cupcake icing, some hilarious close-talking, curry mustard, a guy named Boo, and a crew of people I love dearly. Oh, and a follow-up gmail conversation that lasted all day and, in volume, put to shame any DCist staff list thread. Also a list of quotes we've been repeating (like the subject heading, which Jason insisted I call the blog write-up), but that no one can remember in context. Jason, Donna and I had a post-game lunch at Five Guys today to try to put our collective memory of the evening back together, and my stomach literally hurt from laughing so hard. Or possibly the grease.

It almost seems a little funny that I'm throwing another party next weekend, after this showing, but that's like my massive, I want to drink beers with everyone I know party, while this was my family party. No offense, Mom. I need some Gatorade.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

The title I *proposed* is a better excuse for the damage we caused than "because we're drunk, loud and clumsy."

 
At 12:17 AM, May 04, 2007, Anonymous sylvie said...

Its amazing that we weren't kicked out! The the sound of broken glass and screaming along with the sight of the bar table tipping has been replaying on my mind all day. It was a great night. Happy Birthday! love ya girl.

 
At 6:30 PM, May 06, 2007, Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

Happy belated birthday, Heather! And many happy returns. :) Your German romance-novelist stalker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares