Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Chained to my hair dryer

Have you ever been sitting there in your hair dresser's chair and it doesn't seem to be going quite right...then it starts going less right, and then you're trying to non-chalantly point to a chunk of hair so he'll realize there's a problem....then it all suddenly goes very wrong and you're left with bangs? Sigh. He made this big square cut in the layer by my face, then I lost 2 inches while he tried to even it out, and I'm worried that when I curl it tomorrow it's going to become those hideous mini-bangs popular on nymphy hipsters, which means I may be, as the subject notes, chained to my hair dryer for awhile. And I didn't even notice til I got home that he gave me a blunt cut in the back. Jesus. It's not the effing Hair Cuttery over here (or, more importantly, their prices). I need a new salon, asap.

I've been kind of whining about all these weddings I'm slated to go to for the last year, and now that they've arrived I just realized that while the weddings are going on this weekend and next, I'll be missing the exact two weeks the art season officially kicks off. Not the end of the world, but I've been kinda slacking on going to many shows, so I really wanted to dive back in again, plus, you know, they're kind of fun. But I'm definitely missing the whole she-bang, so I'll just have to hit them up on a quiet Saturday afternoon when I get back.

Speaking of which, I'm still terrified that I'm going to totally fuck up my friends wedding photos. It's going to be around sunset when the ceremony is going on and....I think we've all learned by now that I have no idea what I'm doing. I better take some good standing-on-the-lawn shots before the ceremony, that's for sure.

And no, I still haven't heard about the house, but this and points one, two, three and four mentioned above have surely sent me into somewhat of a tizzy this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares