Sunday, September 23, 2007

Just be quiet and let me watch

I went to see 3:10 to Yuma last night (where I ran into poor Becks, who arrived a little late and sat face to giant face with the cowboys), which, I didn't realize it's only been out for a couple weeks. Maybe it's just because they hype up movies for eons now, but I thought it came out at least a month ago, so I was a little surprised to see the theater so packed. Anyway, it was a pretty good movie (do I disclaim: for a Western?), but as Jason noted, so say it had "plot holes" would be putting it mildly. I mean, why didn't they just shoot the fucker instead of dragging him across the country and losing tons of men in the process, hmm? Whatever, Russell Crowe and Christian Bale were both fantastic, although it took me about 2 minutes to adjust to Crowe's odd "western" accent.

Unfortunately we had some sound issues with the film, which blissfully started during the previews (love previews!), after seeing a taste of the next 3 Oscar winners, the sound tuned off as soon as some slapstick crap-ass foibles-of-dating trash comedy previewed. Thanks!

But it continued, and it wasn't so bad that the sound kept going out, it was that everybody's got a fucking joke. Jesus. Either go kick the sound guy in the arse, or shut the fuck up and let me try to read some lips, yo. Apparently some harsh words got tossed from the guy who I initially overheard trying desperately to joke, "If that sound goes off again I'm going to kill that fucking manager." No one laughed, and after the third time I only heard the end of some heated words, some girl haughtily replying, "Could you just have some respect please?" Whatever. I didn't mind watching Russell Crowe get busy with the sound turned off...am I right, eh, eh??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares