Friday, November 16, 2007

Early xmas gifts

So I closed on my house! It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but it's fun to say out loud. Oh and I did, many many times at wine happy hour I went to last night with my coworkers, 5 (6?) glasses of wine and one of champagne later (though apparently I'm a party pooper heading home after four hours at midnight, rather than the 4:30 am last call some other folks waited for. clearly I'm out of practice.) I had more surprises during the closing (the # underneath "Buyer Pays At Closing" changed, literally, three times while I was sitting at the table), and the seller, who was supposed to send their papers over for a 9am signing, kept us waiting until 5:29 and 59 seconds p.m. for them.

I think I've already got my first victim, er, friend, who is going to haul over to Home Depot with me to pick up some essentials (front door lock!) and do some pre-work before the contractors start their work. I've got my HVAC and flooring guys lined up and ready to roll, and it looks like -- if everything goes on schedule (you laughed, I heard it), the house will be move-in ready a few days before Christmas. I can't wait to unwrap it!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, November 17, 2007, Anonymous jake said...

Did you ever see the Tom Hanks movie, The Money Pit?



Kidding, I'm sure it'll be great.

 
At 11:14 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

pbbttthhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares