Seriously, what have I gotten myself into?
Here's a recap of my afternoon:
- Returned from the clients' office.
- Called my lender to see what was up in the world of My Loan. She said the magical words, "your loan has been underwritten," which is lender-speak for YOU'RE MOTHEREFFING APPROVED TO BUY A HOUSE, YO.
- Got an email from my realtor telling me closing as been set: Next Wednesday at 9am I'll be a homeowner.
- Went to my performance review meeting, my first one ever, in life. It included words like "glowing" and "bonus."
- Got back to my office, almost immediately reopened a link a friend sent me last week to my dream job.
- Surveyed friends on the potential salary of said dream job.
- Gave up idea of dream job. Wondered why life is so unfair.
- Walked home and hoped the bitter cold would bring back my perspective.
- It did.* I'm totally almost a mothereffing homeowner. HOMEOWNER. Holy crap.
*Perspective is knowing this house will, in five years, effectively undo the last six, leaving me willing and able to afford my dream job. I shall call it, The Eraser.