Monday, December 10, 2007

But in more pleasant news...

I meet with my floor guy tomorrow, who will start Thursday. So by next Monday or Tuesday, my house will be ready to move into!

More importantly, I really need to settle on a woodstain. My floors are Georgia Pine, but contrary to the light color that sounds like should go, I'm leaning towards dark floors. I want the warm, rowhouse feel, but I worry that a dark color is going to make the house look small, and what furniture even goes with it? It's one of those tough decisions that you make once and then that's it, you're gonna have to live with it.

Every time I tell someone I'm leaning towards dark stain, I get the "ehhhhh" look. But take a gander (second photo). Doesn't it look good?

I don't know. Anyone out there got an opinion I should hear before tomorrow morning?

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, December 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A light colored floor could feel like a retail store (the gap). Dylan and I both like dark wood furniture, but our current floors are a medium color. I do like the picture. That is a nice warm color. I say go for it!

 
At 12:05 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger bitsandgiggles said...

Hi! I was one of those people who found your blog while googling facts about the DC bar...

I'm graduating law school this semester (today is my last exam), so clearly I spend a lot of time doing other things...like watching HGTV.

In my opinion, darker floors always seem more luxurious.

 
At 1:31 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks guys. Luckily I didn't have to choose this morning. He brought samples (why didn't I take a picture of them!) but said that once they lay the floor down, he could actually do samples of a couple stains on the floor itself, so I could really see how it was going to come out.

When I asked what was popular in the rowhouses these days, he said the "natural," kind of a medium blonde, which is what I think I have in my apartment. It's nice, but so...standard. I'm still leaning towards dark for now...

 
At 10:52 AM, December 12, 2007, Blogger OutdoorType said...

Medium blonde? Ha! Wasn't it a medium blonde we saw on the floor in some of those photos on Flickr?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares