Thursday, January 17, 2008

I gotta say it was a good day

Today I got to play queen of my little palace here. I sat around in my cuddly sweater and pj pants, while it snowed a storm outside, and people brought me presents of all shapes and sizes.

Lowes called me last night to inform me they'd be delivering my washer/dryer between 11:30 and 3pm today, which, c'mon, is a little awkward of a time when a person works for a living. But I couldn't reschedule easily and when I heard about the snow and ice that was supposed to accumulate over night I just decided to work from home.

And it's a good thing I did, because at 8:50am my phone rang, right before I'd usually be arriving at my office (haha, yeah right, like I'm ever on time), and said my refrigerator would be delivered in one hour. Huzzah! And lo, the refrigerator came, and it was shiny and tall and good.

A few hours later the washer of clothes arrived, and I was pleased to find out that the delivery men were going to hook it up for me. It's an Energy Star W/D, which means I had to call Lowes and find out the two extra pieces I needed to "convert" the hook-up to work with my non-standard....well whatever. Energy efficient things always cost more. But I worried since it didn't all come in one package that I'd have to do it myself, but thankfully no. And it just barely, barely fits in my closet....I'm not actually sure that once I put the door back on, it will close properly, but that's low priority at the moment.

The important thing is: I'm done with all the projects underneath my construction loan. That means tomorrow I can call that horrid bitch of a loan officer in California and attempt to get an inspector scheduled, and when (if?) he approves my work, I GET MY MONEY!! Woo. I seriously need that weight off my credit cards, like, stat.

Then, happily, our staff meeting was canceled at 6, so I didn't even have to pretend to go to work, and instead stayed inside and watched the snow flutter by. Around 4pm I realized that, holy cow, I'm responsible for shoveling a walk! So I had one of those "omg first snow!" moments where I ran downstairs and got the snow shovel and the bag of salt I bought last month and went to town on the porch steps and the sidewalk. I'm pretty damn proud of myself. And I'll rejoice in that feeling until the next time I have to do it when I will instantly remember how much I hate winters on the East coast.

I even got awesome mail today.

So, it was a good day.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, January 18, 2008, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

That fridge looks sweet. I'd trade you mine, but I don't think you'd fall for that.

 
At 8:16 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger christian said...

you need to celebrate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares