I'm about to get to know 45 people really well.
I just wrote up the final list of 2008 DCist Exposed Winners, and it now waits patiently in the queue to be published around noon tomorrow. If it's anything like last year, this should mark the beginning of a flurry of emails between me and these talented folks, all trying to figure out what the heck we're doing. I'm really looking forward to it, and think we have an amazing show lined up. However, I think I officially wore out the copy & paste feature on my computer trying to write up that post. And now I'm all excited-stressed and it's 10:30 and I've neither eaten dinner nor showered (was gonna blow dry my hair so I don't have to deal with it tomorrow).
I was going to write a long update on the house, but I am totally worn out and can't go into detail. Bullet time:
- Everything gas-related in the house works: stove, heat, fireplace. woot!
- Disassembled and cleaned the blockage out of my kitchen faucet.
- Put it back together correctly.
- Made my first real meal in my new home.
- Scrubbed clean and organized the kitchen.
- Waded through the swamp of paper that comprises my bookkeeping records, organized it and put it all away.
- Purchased window wind treatments to seal up this fucking house and get some heat up in here!
- Greeted the appraiser on Monday, who approved all my work and sent the paperwork to my lender. In about two weeks I should be looking at some cold, hard cash in my bank account (which will then be immediately syphoned to the credit cards). Payday!!