Thursday, January 03, 2008

A little uninspiried freeverse on a cold evening not watching the Iowa caucuses because they're really boring

My house is littered in boxes and bags
It took me three days to find my pajama pants
One of the bags
After sitting silently since Sunday
Just fell over by itself
Scared the living daylights out of me

The plumber wants four hundred big ones
To reinstall my toilets
Whatever
It was my fault in the first place
I downloaded a diagram from the Internets
I should be fine

For the first time ever
I nodded in agreement with a DCist commenter
Right around mid-November
I pray for January
The holidays are finally over
Praise baby jesus

The holiday weight gain is less concerning
Than the fact someone seemed to make a list
Of every sweet I would never, ever crave
Bland sugar cookies
Peppermint flavored whatever
And insisted the world throw two months of parties featuring them all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares