Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh god, there *was* something living in the chimney

You know my newly exposed chimney with the giant holes? Well I was standing by the stove tonight, cooking the last two eggs (last two anything) left in the house, and to my left I see something big enough to catch in my peripheral vision scurry like mad from the dining room and by the stove, back towards the chimney. It had to be a mouse -- nothing else is that big and moves that fast.

I know there are probably worse things going on my house that could happen, but I knew way before I bought my first place that *this* was the kind of shit that was going to freak me the hell out. Giant spiders, cockroaches, vermin large and small. I really cannot deal with unsanctioned animals of any kind inside my house. Remember the rat?? I do. And though I'm sure the mouse is snugly inside it's little coal-covered box bed tonight, you can bet I'm going to have nightmares about it running across my face for the next 6 hours.

Ugh.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, April 01, 2008, Blogger OutdoorType said...

Yikes!

And here you were worried you might be running out of material for the home improvement blog.

Let me know if you find a good deal on a pest control company (especially if they also deal with termites).

Grrr...

 
At 11:41 PM, April 03, 2008, Blogger TSC Girl said...

Get a cat. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares